Landlord Discussion

[ Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Tenancy Agreements for Converted Properties

From: Sam
Category: Category 1
Date: 05 Feb 2002
Time: 16:13:05
Remote Name:


Hello Mark

Just to say this is a great website, has given me alot of useful info... cheers.

Some advice required though.... I have a Victorian property that was converted in the 80's into 3 self contained flats each with their own entrance door and door number 79, 79a and 79b. I own and live at no 79 (the top flat) and I own and wish to let out no 79a (the middle flat). No 79b is owned by someone else.

I have recently been informed by a local letting agent that I cannot use an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement when letting my property as it is a conversion and that I need to use a Contractual Tenancy Agreement (whatever that is ?) Is this true and if so where can I get one from. He has offered to write one up for 50.00...

Would be grateful if you could reply asap as I have found tennants and am currently getting references for them, so I will need to draw up the agreement really soon.

Many thanks again for this web site... hope you or anyone else can help me with this.

Last changed: February 27, 2003