[ Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Getting Friends Out

T1: Simon
Date: 01 May 2003
Time: 10:40:17
Remote Name:
Remote User:


I have a couple of friends who have been looking after my property (approx 12 months) as I have had to move for work reasons. I would like to now sell the property but having spoken to them they are not prepared to move out until they have served notice. I have sent them one letter which in hindsight is incorrect. I now have the correct form and was wondering if I can serve them notice again properly or does the existing incorrect notice still exist.

Do I need to serve under under the Housing Act 1988 section 21 (1) (b) or section 21 (4)(a)?

There is no formal agreement and the rent is very low (mate's rate).


PS The example of the form on this website refers to a note A. that says on or after coming to an end of a fixed term assured shorthold tenancy, a court must make an order for possession if the landlord has given notice in writing.

I take it this means that if the tenant does not move out I have to go to court not that once the notice is served then I go to court?

Last changed: May 01, 2003